Australians love summer, love real estate, and love real estate in Summer – but what if winter could actually be the better time to sell?
Outside, the trees may be bare, the leaves brown, and the pools covered over, however, inside can be a warming, closeting oasis that will tempt all that walk through your door.
The cooler months are traditionally known as the time when less stock is available to would be home buyers, so make an impact and show just how amazing your home is, no matter what the temperature outside.
Kevin Dearlove, Stone Beecroft, believes a winter sale is perfect timing, “Sell in winter, buy in spring”.
Candice Cattell and Eddy Piddington, Stone Manly, say that the limited stock on the market can equate to a higher demand, which could equate to a higher price.
So, how can you make your winter home as “hot” as possible?
1. Curb appeal. Yes, first impressions count so don’t let the greyness of winter dampen your street appeal.
Dose up your lawn with some fertilizer to keep it green and healthy. Having some planters with evergreens can also soften the harshness of the winter scape.
2. Keep it clean. Where did all those fallen leaves go? Clean out your gutters and hose off outdoor balconies. If your outdoor areas face south, make sure there are no tell tale damp spots, mildew, moss etc. A good high pressures house clean will do the trick.
3. No one likes a leak. You know your home, and you know exactly if and where the drips will happen during a huge downpour. Now is the time to get that sorted.
4. Let the sunshine in – Winter is the perfect time to show how light and bright your home is, even in the darker months. Open the curtains, clean (and de – fog) the windows and light the fire if you have one. Pick the best time of the day that allows as much natural light in as possible. For homes facing west, winter is an ideal time to show how wonderful the west really is.
5.The great outdoors. Even in winter, us Aussies like to be outside. Turn your outdoors into a winter haven. Fire pits are a great addition to any backyard or terrace, and conjure up star filled evenings watching the flames, roasting marshmallows with family and friends. What’s not to love about that?
6. Turn it on If it’s cold outside, make sure it’s toasty warm on the inside.
Underfloor heating? Turn it on. Reverse cycle? Turn it on. Gas fireplace? Turn it on. Wood fired? Light it up!
Lamps and candles also help to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
7. Coffee? Tea? Hot chocolate? Really make a big welcome with a delicious hot cuppa. Buyers will never want to leave – and that is exactly the idea!
Your Stone team can arrange a mobile coffee cart to take care of all the orders, and leave no mess! Brilliant!
Stand out from the crowd and make winter the time to make your next move.